Stay awake! Caffine??

I cant stay awake and I have 100% satyed away from caffine because I know its not good for the baby. But I need something I fell asleep on the couch today and for like 30 mon my 2 year was basically alone and this scared the shit out of me that I cant stay awake. I need help what can I do or take?

Tris_09

Asked by Tris_09 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• get more sleep at night instead of napping...
    Anonymous

• I do! I go to bed at like 9pm and wake up at 9am. Except for three days a week when I work at 6am. I didn't say I dont sleep I said I cant stop sleeping.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• that's part of pregnancy honey.

and you can have some caffeine. just not tons. it's recommended that a pregnant woman consume less than 300 mg of caffeine a day, a 20oz Pepsi contains 63mg.

Juice will also help wake you up by the natural sugars. Although remember, it's still sugar natural or not. so too much is just as bad as too much caffeine.

Anonymous

• When I'm tired and need to get a pick me up, I turn on some music and dance around with my DD. I'm not sure how far along you are if that's a possibility, but it's an idea!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thanks! SAMANTHASMOM210 good idea!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I heard drinking water can help you stay away or wake you up. I know it works for me.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 11:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• two year olds are VERY smart. curious, but smart. thell him or her if they see you falling asleep to spray you with soem water! (keep a spray bottle near) lol. dont know how u feel about it but if all else fail what is there to do! lol. my niece started helpin me spray the kitties to teach them no when she was 2 n she actually had fun doing it! lol it became a game to her! lol
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 2:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My doc says 2 cups of coffee a day is OK!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 2:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2009