Does Cafemom know who answers their questions as Anonymous?

It seems to me that a lot of people who answer as Anonymous are antagonizing others in a major way. Of course, others asking questions probably do so because of embarassment or some such thing. So, if Cafemom knows those who are asking/answering, and they are not being nice, does Cafemom do anything about those people? Nothing personally happening to me, but I was just curious.

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 10:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• yes
    Anonymous

• yes
    Anonymous

• yes and no. Does cafemom just sit there and read all answers looking for the ones that might be preceived as rude? no. They get rid of things that people report because they have obviously offended someone.

there is a Report this Answer under every reply on cafemom for members to report rude/harassing things to cafemom team.

Anonymous has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people that post without going anonymous that are just as rude and hateful as some of the anonymous ones.

Anonymous

• I wish they would do something about it. Theres nothing more disturbing then people bashing other people. If they cant say anything nice why cant they just move on and not say anything at all? Ugh. Makes me a bit angry!!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Career anons are the ones that start trouble. I post anon when I am embarrassed or when I want to answer an offensive question (knowing that they must be rude to begin with) and I don't want to be stalked. I have to post anon with this because later the troll anons will harrass me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Cafemom knows who they are. If you notice next to the anon box it says that your account can be suspended for rude answers. If everyone would just report the rude people they would go away but it seems people would rather complain, so it's a vicious cycle.
    PattyAnn1936

Answer by PattyAnn1936 at 5:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, they can tell exactly who it is. So if someone is being rude/abusive twards you as Anon. you need to report them. CM staff has a lot of stuff to do around here, so they aren't looking around for rude people. You need to bring it to their attention.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 3:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009