Christians, How do you feel about marijuana?

Seeing how God created it?
Why do you think he did?
I'm serious, I'm not talking about pot heads, smokers etc..I'm talking about marijuana alone. The plant God created and what you think it serves as a purpose for. I think he created every thing for a reason and I think there was a good reason but he didn't intend for people to abuse it to get high and addicted.
Or he could have put things like tobacco plants, marijuana plants on here as just another test for us..Who knows..What's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• he made it right so why is it bad if he made the earth trees plaints
    Anonymous

• Um... pot is not chemically addictive.
    Anonymous

• That's a really good question. As a Christian, I don't really know how to answer. He obviously didn't make it for us to smoke, since smoking causes cancers. But there are so many plants that have medicinal purposes and maybe this one has one as well
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Maybe he put it here to see if we'd try it? Maybe he's enjoying a doobie right now!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I've never really even thought of it this way. I mean its not made in a lab ya know.... So if he made it then why is it so wrong? And i've never heard of someone drying from using marijuana. Maybe its just another one of his tests. To see if we can make the right decisions.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Brilliant anonymous, but you failed to add the psychological addiction. food isn't chemically addictive either, but there are definitely food addicts out there who commit gluttony all the time. Bottom line. It can be addictive.

Anonymous

• maybe it was put on earth by the devil to try and deceive and pull people away from God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The devil is not the creator and couldn't have created marijuana.
    God made it without a doubt but maybe he put it on this earth as a natural relaxant, pain reliever and for medicinal or anxiety uses for people before doctors created all of this medicine. They used plants and things like that. People back then just couldn't get up and go to the doctor for a prescription. I think he intended it to be used for the good, just like wine. Wine has alcohol in it and the bible shows where they drank wine with Jesus, but the bible also says somthing about drunkeness, being a fool or something like that. In other words..You can drink it just don't abuse it for the wrong reasons. People can actually eat pot if they are in pain (to avoid lung damage from inhalation.) and it's just like with beer. You can take a few drinks and not feel a thing but you can purposely use it to get drunk too. Pot, you can take a puff or two for pain cont..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• anxiety disorders, eating disorders, sleep and so much more. It has many properties in it just like pain pills the doctor gives you, sleeping pills, dopamine pills to increase dopamine for your system, which is good for you etc..
    You can brew a little bit in some water or something..I think God wouldn't look at that as a sin. He knows your INTENTIONS and that's what counts..He knows if your using it to abuse it and get high or using it for a good purpose and in very small ammounts. I don't care for it nor use it but I will not look at it as some taboo, horrible thing..It's the PEOPLE who make it look that way by HOW they use it. All of God's creations have a significant, good purpose but often twisted in to something else by the devil. Everything good that God does the devil will try to make bad out of it. I know that for sure..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have no problem with it if it's used for medical purposes.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2009