I have 7 months and is it normal for the baby to move less than other months because i can barely feel him

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 11:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the farther along you get, the less movements you will feel because they aren't as big because baby is running out of room

Anonymous

• its funny for i just started to feel my baby move like harder i barley could feel her before and i am due april 15th!! i think its different for every pregnancy my other were always active! as long as u feel movement ur good weather its less or more keep a record and show ur doctor at next apt
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I use to think the same thing! Ya its just cuz, your baby is bigger. Believe me, he/she moves! DOnt worry!! I think I was told you should feel at least 12 movements in 24 hour period! BUT dont quote me on that!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's normal, if you're ever in doubt get a glass of REALlllllllllllllllly cold water and down it as fast as you can, this will startle the baby into moving. They do this a lot of times before ultra sounds. Don't be suprised either if the week before your labor you don't feel anything. A lot of times about 72 hours prior the baby will get him or herself into position and stay that way. Also remember that although you're not feeling the baby move it's still active, it's just smaller movements not the large ones you're used to. (the bigger the baby gets the less room it has to flip and turn)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• At 7 months? No. While it is true that a baby's movements might not be as "acrobatic" or strong towards the very end of pregnancy due to lack of space, the frequency of movements should always be at least 10 times per every 1-2 hours (not including hiccups). Baby's also movements also may decrease shortly before labor. Studies have shown that babies tend to move most at night (when you're sleeping) so it is possible that your baby is moving enough and you just aren't realising it. Try drinking a glass of juice and waiting 30 minutes. If you are unable to feel any movements, call your doctor immediately. A noticeable decrease in movement OR noticing a thrashing/panicked type movement should always result in a call to your doctor (see What to Expect When You're Expecting for more info). Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would ask ur doctor im 37 weeks and my son is the most moving baby ever he never stops...
    Chilosa

Answer by Chilosa at 1:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009