Can a plant grow back the way it once was?

I bought two different types of plants and planted them I would water them every other day or once a week. But they all of a sudden dried up all the leaves fell off and now there is only a stick in the ground I kept it there hoping that when spring comes around it will come back to life...I hope.
Is it possible...I believe one plant was a gardenia (with the white rose looking with a nice smell to it) and the other it looked like a carnation/rose looking plant. Help... I don't have a green thumb obviously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• try to start watering it again some come back some are just done!!!hope someone can help better
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Not sure, I tried this with a Poinsetta one time.. it lasted for three years! Each summer I would stick it in the back room, but it always came back to life. Of course, it was never as pretty, but living, nonetheless....
    Anonymous

• it depends on the type of plant. some plants grow back, some do not. you'd have to look up the specific plants that you had planted.
    Anonymous

• as I am a florist perhaps i can offer some useful info. The gardenia? more than likely will not come back. They are very hard to grow . they require very special care as well as the right conditons(high humidty and acidic soil). The other plant if it was a carn you may be able to bring it back. Without know for sure what you have and whether you are growing it indoors or outdoors and what area you live in I really cant tell you more than that. Also it matters if they are perinnials or annuals.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009