Does spelling a name differently, really make it unique?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• It makes the spelling unique. Ya still pronounce it the same though! what name you talkn about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Not really because people will use the name first and not the spelling in life. Pick a unique name over the spelling.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I guess so I mean my name is Diedre and there is other girls who spell it all other ways I guess it more so personalizes it for you it puts your own spin on a name making it more your own.
    DCPreston

Answer by DCPreston at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No it just makes it a pain for the child. I have a name that is spelled "uniquely" and I constantly have to spell it out to everyone. ANNOYING!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think its lame to mess with spelling. Youre not giving your kid an internet username... just a lifelong question of "wait.... how do you spell you name?".
    I think it makes it uniquely pretentious and gaudy.

just my opinion.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• nope- just anoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No, I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My name is spelled differently also and I have had people tell me that I pronounce my name incorrectly. Veryf frustrating. Give then a unique name. I wonder what Webster's would say the correct pronunciation of my name would be?
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 12:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i hate it when people take a "normal" name and then go and spell it all funky! iike whats up with that! talk about ANNOYING!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My name is Jacqueline. Everyone calls me Jackie but I spell it Jacquie because I feel it is more like my given name.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009