Do you sell jewelry at home?

What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?
Realisticly what can you make a month in this economy?

Thanks For Your feedback!
Barb

barbbristow

Asked by barbbristow at 12:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't but a good friend of mine does on www.etsy.com. Her shop is http://www.designsbyautumn.etsy.com. She is doing relatively well considering her husband's cancer just relapsed and she hasn't been able to advertise as much. :-( I own a small business and have a store on Etsy too (www.capturecapemay.com). You should check Etsy out.

Honestly, does the economy suck? Yes. However, people are still out there buying. The more your promote and advertise your wares, the more people will see your advertising and be able to come shop from you. No shop sells without hard work. The harder you work to get your jewelry seen by shoppers, the more sustainable your business will be. Facebook.com has reasonable targeted advertising and they provide stats. Google.com now as a web analytics service that you can the effectiveness of other online sources of advertising as well. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't, but I have. I used to make jewelry for a New Age retail and wholesale business I had and those did okay because the costs were kept lower since I made it myself.

If you are talking about using a direct selling company I've also done that. There are several companies like Cookie Lee and Silpada. I really think these companies stick to one catagory in their offerings plus it's expensive. Going to Cookie Lee's website and looking at their newest catalog I like the look of a few necklaces but they are $44. I've NEVER spent $44 on a piece of jewelry and wouldn't. I have something similiar to the circle one with the rhinestone circle that I paid $8 at Dots...thats more in my price catalog. $44 can get me a weeks worth of groceries at Aldi's for my family. And with the company I was with I didn't make more than $100 a month after a point because people are only going to buy so much
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I do!! Seven years ago, I started our home based business with Premier Designs High Fashion jewelry. I used our tax return to start this business. Our business has been debt-free ever since!
    We make 50% off everything you sell! NO inventory! NO quotas! Our new catalog is AWESOME!!!
    PM for more information! Look forward to chatting more!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I do and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I sell for Inspiranza Designs and I love their affordable for Sterling Silver. I have had awesome luck with my sales since August!! If you would like to view the catalog visit my Cafemom profile for the address feel free to PM me!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:57 PM on Mar. 2, 2009

• Hey! I sell cookie lee jewelry. My cousin is the one who got me started. She makes about $2500 a month with CL. I love getting out and meeting new people and having fun. The best part is I earn money while doing all of this. You can also do catalog orders to take away from your start up costs. I'm waiting for my jewelry to come in (i just signed this week) and I already have 6 people ready to do shows. There are many ways to promote your sells. You make a 50% profit! And you can leave your catalogs anywhere that people would be interested (dentist, dr's office, the reception area if you work or know someone who works in an office, distribute them through your child's sports functions, etc). Contact me if you have any questions! I look forward to hearing from you!
    magikluna

Answer by magikluna at 11:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2009