birth stories

lets hear those birth stories...long labor? pushed for hours? had your baby at home? lets hear em!

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They induced me, I was showing no signs of even starting labor 2 days before due date. 17 hrs of labor. I had no pain medication at all. I had no pain only when they did the pelvic exams and sewed up my pernium before local kicked in,(almost kicked midwife in nose because it surprised me so much. The idiot nurse pulled my I v out when she was picking up dirty linens of me an baby. 1.5 hrs of pushing,almost passed out. My arms hurt so bad for a coupla days.thats pretty much it. hope it goes as well this next time.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was at home alone (hubby was at work) when I started to have contractions at 3:12am. They were faint but I knew "it was for real". We lived about 30-40 mins away from the hospital. Hubby worked about 1 1/2 hours away. But I was calm. I knew being my first it would take a while. So I tried to sleep. At 7 am I woke up took a shower (water didnt break yet), did my hair and make up.. Trying to look as good as I could. (Knowing dehydration was make labor come faster and easier) I skipped breakfast. Around 10ish I called hubby and told him I was in labor. He came home around 12. At 2 we checked into the hospital. I had a very easy labor. at 12:45 my water broke and I went from 4cm-10 cm in 6mins. 1:13 my little girl was born. NO DRUGS Needed. No problems... labor lasted 22 hours... very long.. but easy... I would do it 1,000 times over if it would always be that easy.
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 12:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I Went in to labor at 38 weeks. First and only baby so far.
    I was in labor for 9 hours, pushed for 20 minutes. His cord was wrapped around his neck and foot so he got stuck, I probably would have had him out way before that. My son came out purple and didn't make a sound. I about had a heart attack. He started breathing a few seconds after though and all was good.
    He came out at exactly 6 pounds and 19 inches long.
    I have the feeling if/when I get pregnant again my labor will be like 4 hours. lol. I was 2 weeks away from my due date with my first labor and did it all in 9 hours. Not too bad. My mom had pretty fast deliveries so, I might do like she did next time.
    Oh, and it hurt like hell.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• DD1: Sunday, August 13, 2006
    Around 4 pm I felt like I was leaking and thought it was my water. Went to the hospital, got there at 5 and was admitted. Checked my cervix, I was dilated to 5 and water was intact. They watched my contractions for the next 4 hours. They were real contractions so at 9:05pm they broke my water. Nothing really eventful escept I hadn't eaten since 9 am. My mom went to get her and DH Mcdonald's and they ate in front of me. Finally they decided to sneak me a few fries (bad idea) just before pushing I puked horribly! Finally my lil girl was born at 2:26 am after 4 minutes of pushing. No drugs at all, no tearing at all. She weighed 6lbs 5 oz and was 19 1/2 in long.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I forgot to add I had a lot of stitches. He tried to come out side ways instead of face down..Joy..
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• DD2: Wednesday, August 27, 2008
    I had an appointment with my midwife at 1 pm. I had been dilated to 4 and was still dilated to 4. I cried so bad, but she was nice enough to strip my membranes! We went to Walmart afterwards and walked around the store like 10 times (literally!!). We went home and took a nap! Woke up at 3:30 with horrible contractions! I was in so much pain I was in tears. Finally I called the hospital and they said to go in. DH didn't want to take me in and get sent home again so he made me wait. Finally they were to the point I couldn't move. We couldn't find our arranged sitter so we took DD1 to the hospital with us. Got there about 6 pm. They checked my cervix and I was dilated to "7 almost 8". Finally our babysitter met us at the hospital. I was put in a room, water was broken, pushed for 9 minutes and she was here at 7:17 pm. No drugs, no tearing. She weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 in long
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i was in labour for 45.5 hours..then had an emergency c section..they told me it was a boy..i felt horrible, cuz i was SURE i was having a girl..then 5 seconds later they told me it was a girl! (thank god) lol..i felt awful for having that feeling of not wanting a boy..(long story behind that tho)..so yaa i had a girl...8lbs 12oz, 22 inches..not the healthiest tho..she got infected with the group b strep, she had a hole in her lung and had pnemonia..it was nothing life threatening..it was still sad tho..she was hooked up to an IV for 8 days, in an incubator for 3 days, and i was also hooked up to an IV as well (for the group b strep-which was due to my stupid dr, cuz once your water breaks youre not supposed to go more than 12 hours til you have your baby, i went about 17 hours) so yaa i was pissed...but after the loong week were were both healthy as can be and went home!! :) those first 3 days of not holding her were HELLLLL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i was a week late and went to my scheduled doc appt. apparently doc didnt realize i was a week late cause i had to tell him lol. he sent me for a sonogram and they discovered i had barely any amniotic fluid. they told me i had to go on bed rest and drink alot to try to build it back up or they were gonna have to induce me. this was a friday afternoon. i drank alot but didnt go on bed rest and had another sonogram appt the next morning. they told me if my fluid levels went up i would be induced on sunday and if not i would be induced that day. well they didnt go up. my doc wanted me to go to the hospital closest to him because they had a better neonatal unit. i think its because he didnt wanna drive the hour. i told him i wanted to go to my local hospital. around 1 pm i was checked into labor and delivery and was induced. they broke my water, a little trickle was all i had and we waited.. cont...
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• apparently i was contracting because my sister was making cringing faces at me asking if i felt it. i didnt feel anything. doc comes in and tells me that ds was not handling contractions and i was going to need a csection. i drank the nasty stuff and got the spinal. at 452pm ds was born. 7lbs 13 oz and 201/2 in. i didnt get to see him until almost 11pm because i was in recovery and he was under a warmer. my one and only child so far. he is now a sassy 3 year old!
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Mine was a NIGHTMARE. I don't know which was harder, Pushing my son out of my vagina or Trying to leave home from the hospital with him. ... The hospital I stayed had Prison Ward Nurses, Very rude , very cold. First off they give him the vit.k Vaccine which I did not approve and did so without my knowing... The Vaccine caused my son to have a severe skin rash and a case of jaundice. They wouldn't let me hold him and they kept shoving formula bottles down his throat (so much to the point my breasts were engorged from not being able to feed him). I wanted to sign against medical revision so I could freaking go home and get on with my Life, But that wasn't gonna happen. The CPS lady was there and ready to take action. . Since they thought He would die of jaundice if he left the hospital and didn't want a lawsuit. Just because I was 17 they treated me like a 3rd class citizen.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009