Mother Gets 3 Months for Hitting Sex Offender with Baseball Bat--what do you think???

I think this is an odd story, not sure if it's something I particularly would have done but I can see how some people would respond that way.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When I first read the headline I thought "I just might have a new hero!" but when I read the article I was disappointed. The guy didn't hurt her kids or even make contact with them. If a pervert was after my family, I'd do something (but I can't say it would involve an aluminum baseball bat!). This guy didn't start it though, the woman went into a psychosis after hearing he was a sex offender and convinced herself that this guy hurt her kids. She should probably get some mental help while she's away...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think that's absurd that she attacked the man when he did nothing to her or her children. Did she even know what type of sexual offense he had done? That's just crazy.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• she could of done worst but she really doesnt know what kind now child molester they make me think really bad thoughts and their lucky that it wasnt my lil girl or (hopefully wont be my baby) (cuz no joke i would kill someone if they hurt her like that thats some thing that you will never forget believe me)
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• well i can say she was wrong for hitting the man, but he is a sex offender, i do not feel for him what so ever!!... he shouldn't be aloud to be on the streets to hurt again....jmo
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:37 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• allowed**
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• If someone hurt one of my kids they would get a lot worse then a baseball bat upside their head.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• What a nut case. She went over to his house and accused him of doing something she knew he didnt do and hit him. He could have been listed as a sex offender because of many things. It didnt' say what his actual offense was. SHe had no right to do that and he wasnt on the streets. He was in his own home. She lied and then assaulted him. She deserves what she got.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh and i might add that because of her bad behavior, her kids now have to live without her for 3 months. Thats traumatic to a child. She did nothing but hurt herself and she was not thinking about her kids when she flipped out.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Just because a sex offender moves into your neighborhood doesn't give you the right to attack them. Now, if he comes after your kids then do something! She went to HIS house for gosh sake! She deserves what she got and possibly more. My best friends son is labeled a sex offender, his offense - he was 18 and had sex with a 17 year old. They broke up and she was mad because of that and said he molested her. He went to jail and is now labeled a sex offender. He did not molest any children but this same thing could have happened to him.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 8:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, I agree that sex offender laws need to be changed.

She was wrong, plain and simple. She didn't think that she might have to go to jail.

She has done her family a dis-service, as well as her community.

That is all we need, another mother going all Rambo on someones butt. I think that being informed is power. But, don't go off half cocked ready to serve vigilante justice--when justice has already been served.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2009