Who's right on this...the Army or the mom?

"Honorably Discharged Soldier Called Back for Duty Plans to Bring Kids"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502525,00.html

True, it is just an inconvenience for her hubby to take the time from traveling for his job to watch the kids, but I am sure the Army could find another soldier who's not got kids. But then should they? Because then they would have to do it for all moms. What do you think?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it goes both ways. There are plent of military jobs in the states. She does not need to deploy. Assign her a job within the states where there is plenty of childcare providers. However, both parents knew this was possible. Even though it is very unlikely, it can and did happen. I am amazed that neither set of grandparents are abl to step up and help out.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 7:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think it's the family's responsibility to care for the kids. They probably should sell their home and perhaps move on base while hubby finds a new job. It's not the Army's fault.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with that in part, but I am not sure if they would actually allow them to move back onto a base if they even live where there is a base, since she has been out of the Army for a while and isn't technically reenlisted for a full term. But I do agree that dad could take the time off work or look for another job that would still support them where he didn't have to travel. The kids could go to daycare during the day if they are not in school. I don't think the Army makes that many exceptions! My hubby is Air Force, and normally what the military says is what goes! (Though I do think the AF is more family friendly than the Army, I don't think it would make a difference in this case.)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• She knew what she was signing up for. She's seriously in the wrong here.
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 1:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with BBP. and its rediculous that she is saying that they ONLY other option to taking the kids with her is for her to go awall and possibly face charges. Why would she put her kids in danger like that by taking them rather then making her husband find a new job. I hnestly think shes an idiot!
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 1:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i think the army is kinda dumb maybe not so much if we were to fight for us and not some other country
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009