What is the "right reason" to get pregnant?

How do you know when it's the best thing to bring another person into this world?

AlleyK

Asked by AlleyK at 1:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you're in love and have been for some time. If you're financially stable and have a true career ( or SO that does). If you are truly responsible and have no drug/alcohol problems. If you are truly ready to be selfless and spend the rest of your life thinking about someone elses' well-being. Then you're almost ready. Wait a little longer -see and do a little more. Then you're ready.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it could be cause ur in a stable relationship ur ready to be a mommy or cuz you guys r ready to have a baby cuz you want to be closer
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 1:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You should never have a baby to become closer!! That's what 16 yo do. Duh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My opion on this is that you are in love and truely commited and willig to devote yourself to this lil human being. And you can support him/her.. And i take offense to the last comment. I was not 16 but 17 when me and my husband concieved our daughter. age has nothing to do with it. We were ready and finacially stable to have a child so we did. Sry just needed to vent.. lol
    hopeledbetter

Answer by hopeledbetter at 3:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• a growing trend is something called single moms by choice so you dont HAVE to have some fairytale relationship for it to be "right". just be willing to love that child unconditionally, and be able to financially and emotionally support them.
    mom4ary

Answer by mom4ary at 6:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Finanically and emotionally ready! I agree with mom4ary, there are women and mom single by choice. Sometimes, one person's dear love is all one needs to be happy and satisfy.

A child doesn't make your relationship better or closer, and dont' stay in a abusive relationship because of the child. It doesn't work that way! May be you can try to use a pet to test it first...
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I feel that if you are ready to hand your life over to another person and you can support that person then you are ready. That other person is the baby your are wanting. When he or she is born they become number one - nothing else matters.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 7:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Own place, or renting your own place, financially ready, ready to give all of yourself, love unconditionally, and make sacrifices. rather or married or single it doesn't matter, but if you are in a relationship dont go making babies until its ready.

Oh and never have a baby to get closer, thats like having a baby because you need someone to love.
    sharisse

Answer by sharisse at 7:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think you do a child a major disservice if you are not married and have that support of a spouse and father for your child. I don't think that you need to be super wealthy but I do think you should be able to provide the necessities without help from others. I think that you need to be emotionally mature enough to know that life isn't about you anymore and be able to deal with the stress of another human being soley depending on you. I think a child should be desired by both the mother and the father. If it takes both people to conceive a child, then it should take both to raise him/her. That was our first clue that God didn't create that single parent scenario. Its not good for a child. I know its sometimes necessary but I don't think it should be a choice, per se.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• to make your spouse love you, to fill that void within, to have something to love, to make your friends jealous, to compete with your sister, to keep spitting them out until you have that boy youve always wanted, to get more back in taxes, to keep your food stamps...
    well, at least those are reasons NOT to have a baby. most of the situations opposite that would probably be a fine time to try for another baby.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 8:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009