Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can I do about this?

Hi i'm a victim of identity theft, my mother got 13 loans behind my back since shes a loan officer at a bank she knew all the tricks and scams and was having an affair with the manager and got away with it like that, she started doing that to me since the year 0f 200 all the way till 2007 and i'm barely finding out because they started billing me last month about some late fees in loans 75,000 dollars worth of loans she got under my identity. I don't think she should get away with it just because shes my mother, I really want to press charges on her or atleast send her to jail, what can I do? I already filled a police report but the detective that worked on my case seemed like he didn't care to attend me even though I took him 30 pages of proof. He told me that now its up to the prosecutor but I think its taking to long, do you know if I should get a lawyer to see faster results?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • I even froze my credit report and sent them all the information to get a permanent freeze for atleast 7 years, I sent them the police report a copy of my i.d. and a bill, and my social etc. and they old froze it for 90 days instead of 7 yrs! and the bad thing is that all the numbers those credit report companies have are all machines not a real live agent, do u all know any? I don't want to mail them more stuff because I already did so I just wanted to call and spaek to them and tell them my situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • Go do to your Soc Sec office and speak with them. And get a lawyer. The city/county isn't going to work for you. It just sucks like that. You're gonna have to get your own lawyer if you don't want to spend the rest of your life with horrible credit. I hate that.

    Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • I saw on my credit report that she even did it with "webb emergency physicians" is that a hospital? she put me a balance of 330 dollars! since Aug. of 2004 and i'm barely finding out. Can I still do anything about that one too?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • Call the cops!

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

  • Call Clark Howard, he'll tell you what to do 1-877-87-Clark. He's on

    Answer by BingsMommy at 1:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.