Do you think you are better than other moms? Such as you are a better mom, wife, etc??

Me not at all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG, Never! I am so very critical of myself all the time. My son can't read well, my house is always messy, and we are on an everlasting "budget". My friends tell me I'm doing well because I'm working two jobs and have a house, yada yada yada. But I feel like such a failure most days.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I dont think I am a better mom. I know moms who do stuff I dont do...but I do things others dont do. So maybe that all evens out. Nobody is a perfect mom. I KNOW I am a better wife though then some. All my husband's friends say they wish they had a wife like me. No I am not a door mat in case your wondering! My hubby does so many nice things for me its ridiculous! lol And I do nice things for him. Not to say things are perfect but way better then some marriages I have seen!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I do think I'm better than some moms. I mean I was in contact with one "mom" who had an abortion 6 months ago because the baby was not her's boyfriend's and then she was TTC because now she was sure she was ready. Now, I got pregnant at 18, had my baby, finished college with a 3.96 a year early. Maybe I'm a bad person, but I just think that there are some really bad moms out there, and I work really hard to take care of my daughter. However, there are some housewives out there who are WWWAAAAYYYYY better than me... I suck at house cleaning, and I never keep up with my cooking..
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No, I actually am very disappointed in myself as a mother and what I have done to the lives of my children. It's a mess but I am trying to work on bettering myself because I know I can do better by them. I suffer with depression and anger is a real problem. Counseling, anger management, been there done that. Working hard every day to improve myself.

I am trying to maintain the house as far as cleaning goes and I have been really working hard at that lately. So far it has been almost 2 weeks that it has been pretty clean so I am going to keep working on it and continue to better that aspect as well.

I work hard at my job and give them what they need but my patience is lacking so I am working on that but doing not too well lately. I just know I have to keep trying. I don't want to be what my parents were to me, abusive. So that in itself is a motivator. I want to make sure the cycle stopped with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I know that us sahm's are better mothers than the ones that work and hardly spend time with there child. and yes i know some dont have a choice but they should of thought of that before having kids...and i'm a good wife because i alwasy cook for my child and husband and everything else that needs to be done around the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i agree with pp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't think I'm better. I do however know I am doing the best I can. And my best is all I can give. I also know I fell and had to get up and start over many times to get where I am but my son is out of the system and doing well in school so no I'm not better I am BETTERING myself
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Wow, now I don't think it's fair to say that SAHMs are better than all moms that work. I mean, I work just in the mornings while my daughter is at developmental preschool, so she spends max of 8 hours a week in daycare. I feel that I am a better mom when I have some time away from the home. I'm surprised you feel that you are so much better than moms that work.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it depends... honestly..... i wanna say no... but personally knowing some women.... i wouldn't say i am better but imo i carry myself better.... i am no where near perfect... but i make sure my husband always comes home to a clean house, and i spend tons of time with my son... and i know a lot of women (personally) who can not say the same... but i always tell myself.. i have no place to judge...but sometimes its hard damn it! ......
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• omg this is not about SAHM vs Working moms i have been both and in both I was a better mother and wife then some moms out there , but I also know there are many who are much more organized than i am and somehow manage to get themsleves to look like they walked out of a salon when i show up to soccer with a ponytail and jeans. there are always going to be moms who are appear better than another. Of course I am better than the mom who is passed out on drugs and not awake to watch her kids, but then there is the mom up the street with her familys entire life neatly organized and the house is spotless she isnt better than me just has better organization skills lol.

i spend the same amount of time with my boys staying home that i did when working the only difference is the number they dial when they dont feel good at school
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009