Husband constantly mentions her...

My husband is a part of a group that explores abandoned buildings . through the online website of tis group he made an aquantance that we met in person at a resturant . They made me feel like a third wheel. He pretty much ignored me the whole time. He insists that he did not know that she was a woman before we all met. this was last summer. he hasnt had any contact with the website or group since oct. this last week he has been online again with this group. He has been constantly talking about her. He says she is too much like a "man or brother for him". It has really raised my eyebrows and made me wonder. He has history of being to friendly with females. Am I just being parinoid or does he possibly like her a little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i think hes just using that phrase "that she seems to much like a man" just as a cover up, dont believe him its bullshit! and tell him its either u or the computer and if he still doesnt listen dump him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• if the situation was reversed...what would he do to you? Do the same crap...see how he reacts. Childish yes, but it will get the job done
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Sounds like my dad.. who left my mom for a woman he met while building stores... in another state. He left my mom.. remarried! And it didnt work out 3 years later. Men are full of shit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I also think he is just pulling the shit on you to make you think that..I'd keep a close eye but DON'T say anything, just observe and check the history on the computer and his e-mails. If he won't give you his password, there's your sign..If he deletes all the history after he's done with the computer, there's a possible sign. You can get a keylogger and download it, just google "free keylogger" and download one. It will show everything he typed and every page he looked at. Do not jump to conclusions until you find out for sure though..It sounds suspicious enough to be concerned though. When you know for sure, have proof of some sort, then you confront him..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh, you said this was just a random woman you met?
    and some men are stupid..My dad worked in a hosiery mill with another woman and he'd come home and talk about her a lot, so my mom started getting suspicious because he was very interested in talking about this other woman..Turns out..He was wanting this woman and had been having an emotional affair with her..My mom caught on because of how much my dad talked about her..Sometimes men don't realize how obvious they sound, and they think they are pulling it off. If he is showing that much interest then don't trust his word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Even if he likes her it probably isn't as a gf or potential replacement for you. It's probably bc she has some interesting stories to tell. Listen to what he's saying about her. Are they personal things or story related? Are they the same things he would say if she were a guy friend he met online? Don't put too much into it but if he continues talking about her you might mention it to him and ask if you need to be concerned.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you are a reasonable person who is not usually suspicious then I would say you should trust yourself here and there is probably a reason to be suspicious. This is unusual behavior and you are uncomfortable...that tells you a lot. Listen to yourself.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Paranoid. What is too friendly? Get over your own insecurities, stop trying to be his mom, and find a friend of your own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Sweetie he is definately smitten or in crush mode most times they are harmless. Be honest and open with him and demand that he be the same!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Anonymous, how do you know she has insecurities? If he is spending a lengthy amount of time talking with her and then always talking about her then he has probably most definitely developed feelings for her and who knows..She might have for him too. Seeing how I have EXPERIENCED this and found out I think I would know a little bit about it!! I know the signs..It may not be serious now, but it could definitely be if he IS developing something for another woman. And so far..It sounds exactly what I experienced..which turned in to a bigger issue later..It wasn't just a little crush or a friendship, he was having SERIOUS desires to be with her..My guess is, YOU probably haven't even experienced it..Why even bother to answer when you have to say something smart ass and obviously not helpful.
    Anonymous