Was the ultrasound wrong about the sex of your baby?

Just curious to see how many people got a huge shock when their baby was born & wasn't what was planned... well what you were expecting. Sheesh I can't word that right. Hope you get the point ;]

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 3:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I guess I am the first one to respond with a NO. I was told all the way up until my son was born that I was haveing a little girl. The Dr told me "comgradulations on your little boy". I thought I was hearing things from all the medications. He is definitely 100% boy.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 7:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• mine was right on!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Mine was right on too!
    brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Mine was too.. Both boys.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• nope...100% right :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:38 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Mine was right.....but I was so paranoid it was going to be wrong!
    I had bought TONS of girl clothes, decorated the whole nursery in a purple butterfly theme, and was certain God was going to play a joke on me and give me a boy. I saved ALL of my receipts just in case.
    But I got my beautiful little girl :)
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 4:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I still have the ultrasound pic at my moms house and it is such a GOOD pic of two little white circles and a little catapillar sized thing and yup, it was and still is a boy! He's 10 now so I shouldn't sound so excited but damn! I love my boy!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have heard of ultrasound gender mistakes before, which is why I prefer surprise births...lol...even though it's nice to buy gender specific items before the birth.
    All 3 of my girls were extremely modest in their ultrasounds so I never knew what I was having until each one was born. Good thing they were all girls and I had hand-me-downs for them...lol.
    My daughter had a 21 week ultrasound that showed a girl (I saw the dvd with my own eyes), but I still doubted it. She had about 5 more ultrasounds since then (complicated pregnancy) and had a special ultrasound at a perinatologist and each one of them plainly showed a girl. Her baby shower was for a girl so everything was pink! Good think she gave birth to a girl, eh? LOL!!!
    Just have a bit of doubt when getting a gendered ultrasound and don't go overboard with gender specific clothes and colors until you are certain.
    :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My first one was a girl... Plain as day. this time... the damn ultrasound lady said boy first and then no wiat thats a girl..... i go back in 2 weeks to get measured so ill find out for sure...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Mine was correct, it was a boy. But my ex-sis in law's was wrong, more than once. All of her ultrasounds showed she was having another boy. It wasn't until the baby was born that it was discovered... she was a girl!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009