Im Excited! But what do i do?

i got to be in the delivery room with my lil sis, because she close to me not my mom. well now my sis in law has asked me to be in there with her also... im so excited!!! but mom already thinks im replacing her.... i feel bad... but i want to be in there. oh my mom didnt even come to the hospital for my lil sis, she was drunk as a skunk as usual so i didnt bring her- my sis didnt want me to.... what would you say to my mom if u were me?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 4:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would explain the situation to her first to see if she could understand it from a differnt perspective!!
    and then if she didnt get it i would tell her that its not her baby and if the mother giving birth doesnt want her there then there is nothing she can do!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 6:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You didn't make this choice, the ones giving birth did, and want you there for a reason. She shouldn't be upset w/ you. Maybe tell her that you are sorry if it hurts her, but its not up to you, you are just doing what others asked.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• tell her that is between her and your sis why she didn't want her there you just did as your sis asked of you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• honestly try telling her her the truth i do agree with everyone else you did not call your sis and sis in law and say HEY can i see your baby be born lol they asked you. My MIL doesnt drink at all and neither did my mom but i was embarassed about them seeing my goodies and they were both upset because neither were allowed int here just me and my fiance were i ended up needing a csection so it worked out only 1 person was allowed in but if my mom was a drunk and i wasnt embarassed of people seeing my goodies i can say that i would have rather had my sis in law then MIL we are closer and if i needed someone i would have asked her for sure
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• dont feel bad..enjoy getting to see your nieces and nephews being born, it is the moms choice on who is in there, not the grandma.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 1:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009