how much should a 7 week old eat?

he eats so much at night especially. He is not a good sleeper because of this. Around midnight he eats 6-8 ounces of formula and falls a sleep. He then wakes up again around 1 for 4 more ounces and then again 3:30 or 4 for another 4-6 ounces. Only sometimes he doesn't finish. He is defenitely hungry but doesn't eat that close together during the day and it's only 4-6 ounces at a time. Is this normal? He weighs around 13 pounds already. He was 7 pounds six ounces when born. He sleeps so much during the day. Only like three times he slept through the night but I don't know what I did right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed him when he's hungry, he should eat as much as he wants.

It sounds more like he has his days and nights mixed up (eating more at night and sleeping more during the day)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• every baby is different, my son was 2lbs 10 oz at birth and when he came home he was 3lbs 10oz 3 weeks after birth and then it seemed like he gained 2 lbs a week.... but like i said every baby is different , he could be going through a groth spirt at this time and that might be why he is gaining so much weight and eating so much..... my son is 7 months now and weights 24 lbs.. and 31 1/2 inches....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my son is also 7 weeks old. he sleeps ok during the night and when h eats its also 4-6 oz at a time an dits only some times he finishes the entire thing be fo e he falls asleep. he is starting to sleep lnger at night. during the day is the odd time couse he eats in spirts.. he will eat an oz or 2 then play then start crying again for food 20 min half an hour later is that normal? the eating in spirts lke that should he just eat a big amount and be dine till next time?
    Angel_care

Answer by Angel_care at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009