Is it wrong to drink when...

Whenever EdnaKrabapple opens her bar, BTW I like that girl! I always see posts that say nope I have kids at home and Nope! A responsible mom doesn't drink when alone with the kids. OR I see moms say sure! hubby is here helping me. I wonder, if I am a divorced mom with my 10 yr. old, is it bad that I have been drinking wine tonight?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 4:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some mom's freak out about anything, LOL. A good mommy, and a good friend, knows people need to relax every now and then. Unless they want to die of a stroke at 30 years old :o)
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was drinking wine earlier this evening, but it was to try to relieve the trauma of my sweet mama going to heaven tonight. She passed as we were singing Amazing Grace to her.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Aww jburg! I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.and now that you mentioned that song! : ( I just hear the title and I get a lump in my throat. Can you tell us a little about her?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Even if you have your kid with you it's not bad. As long as you don't get trashed, or try to drive, then a drink every now and again in fine. It's also a way to teach your 10 yo the facts of responsible drinking...

Some wine, seriously, is not a bad thing!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yup, my son knows mom likes to drink here and there but I do have my mom, brother and his GF next door. I don't get trashed but I see moms on here freak out when moms talk about drinking.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• As long as you know how much you can have before you lose control. I never drink (don't like the taste) so my body is totally not used to alcohol. One of these brandy filled chocolate things ... send me to bed.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Hey, I think it's perfectly fine to have a glass or two of vino as long as you don't become so inebriated that you can't function. Parents need a little outlet at times, too!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009