Need to recognize sexual abuse fr ongoing painful constipation 2yr Female

I'm a Terrified Aunt who suspects childabuse fr sisterinlaw & stepchildren. My brother filed for divorce after a domestic dispute in which the sisterinlaw was jailed & just recently convicted. We had the kids, 2 beautiful girls ages 3mos & 16 mos, during her 5day jail time & about a month total. When my brother went to custody court, she was immediately awarded almost full custody & my brothers testimony, rudely ignored. Later found out she had 4 pre. domestics & has abused her other 2 kids social sec. During the mo. we had babies found #'s signs of neg. some verified by a doc. after I took them to get past due immunization. The 16mo, now 2 has had ongoing bout w/painful constipation & I reported to SS. She wouldn't take her in at the immediate request by doc. This is when I suspected sexual abuse as 14 yr stepbro chgs diapers along w/ many other family mbrs. 2 yr old is sensitive in strange way while chg diapers.Help Pl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• I don't think constipation in any way means sexual abuse. Kids get constipated and 2 year olds hate diaper changes. Also, not immunizing doesn't make someone neglectful, infact, on the contrary, I DO NOT vax and would NEVER vax my child because I think vaccinations are neglectful. There's no harm in filing a report with SS IF you really feel it is of the childs best interest and not just because you are sore that she has the kids. While, it does sound like she is a shit bag mom and needs to have her kids taken away, that is a SERIOUS accusation to accuse the 14 year old of and if you are wrong, will carry with him for a long time.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with navy except for the VAX, doesn't matter if someone chooses do DO so or NOT, those parents either way are NOT neglectful. What is the strange way that child acts when having a diaper change? I'm 10 years older than my sister and my brother is 12 years older than her and we both used to change her diaper so I don't understand about the age thing in the 14 year old. You can't just go and report things without knowing first hand and I know that is hard to hear. But unless you see or hear things, completely know for sure don't make that call. You can PM if you like and I will NOT judge you.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You sound just like my MIL. She accused my son's daycare of abusing him because he had constipation and he hated getting his diaper changed. She called CPS on his daycare and it was a nightmare. I even took him to the doctor and the doctor ruled out sexual abuse. She also threatened to call CPS on me because she decided that my son was allergic to milk and I kept giving it to him. And BTW, not having your child VAX is not a sign of abuse. My suggestion, unless you have proof of pictures with bruises or actually evidence from a doctor saying that she was sexual abused then I would keep my mouth shut because you are going to cause the mom not to trust you and she will not let you see your nieces/nephews again. Keep a log journal if you can and write anything suspicious but please don't report every single little thing such as the mom not taking the kids to get their vaccines.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't think constipation is caused by sexual abuse.  It sounds more like stress is the cause for that or poor diet.

Recurrent UTI's are a sign of sexual abuse in girls.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• where im from cps wont even look into a case of abuse without proof like pictures or from a dr or nurse. I live next to a child that was molested numerous times and cps was called and they said theres nothing they can do without proof
    Anonymous

• Honestly your best bet would be to take a child to a child psychiatrist. They specialize in things like that, and know how to go about it to find out what is going on. Constipation can be a sign of poor diet, not enough water, or it could also be a sign of sexual or any kind of abuse. Every persons body works differently. So if a child is stressed they could still be constipated. If I were you I would take a child to a doctor immediately and talk to them about your suspicions. They would know what to look for if the child is abused.

Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• if you really think that this child has been abused, it is your job to protect these babies!!! Follow your gutt!!!
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Thank you all for your responses. Yesterday my brother called the mothers pediatrician to get his 2 year olds diagnose. This was supposedly the diagnose from when the mother, my sister in law, was ordered by Social Services to take her in after over 2 months of painful constipation and our Doctors immediate concerns. Today my brother was ready to pick up the diagnose and was told that he didn't have permission to. He immediately called the Child Welfare Services that is investigating the custody case. They said they would get the records and would get them to him so he can have a little hope of getting to the bottom of this ongoing problem. Yes your right, I wouldn't have filed a sex abuse charge without being sure, that's why I asked the question I asked, just wanted to ease the great frustration of this ordeal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2009