Any natural treatments for eczema?

My youngest has eczema, and I'd like to find ways to help with the itching and dryness WITHOUT putting all kinds of chemicals into or onto him.

Asked by GummiMama at 2:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• Firstly it could be an allergy to something. So watch for that. Stress and anxiety can also cause it. Here are some tips though!
    Tip 1: Rub nutmeg against a smooth stone with a few drops of water. Make a smooth paste and apply.

Tip 2:Add 1 tbsp turmeric powder to a tbsp of bitter neem leaves. Grind to paste and apply.

Tip 3:

Apply a mixture of 1 tsp camphor and 1 tsp sandalwood paste on the rashes.

Tip 4:

Put natural vitamin E on the affected skin, it will relieve you of itching.

Tip 5:

Zinc taken orally and applied directly on the affected skin is effective.

Tip 6:

Shark cartilage and lotion of blueberry leaves reduce inflammation.

Tip 7:

Use pine tar soap to wash the affected skin.

Tip 8:

Drink tomato juice daily, it will cure the symptoms in a few days.

Answer by notyourmommy76 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i use cook oatmeal it worked for my skin when i had it

Answer by babyonlyme at 2:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Aveno lotion

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 2:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Shea Butter

Answer by cdschmidt at 3:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• There are all kinds of treatments, but one thing I have found that works are the two items located here:

There are other treatments, but this is the best thing I have ever found and it is all natural :)

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Eucerin or Aquafor are great but expensive. I have found that plain old vaseline works GREAT!!!!!!! Apply liberally and if you don't want something getting greasy like jammies, I always threw on a onsie under her jammies. Also don't dry them completely when they come out of the bath, pat dry and apply the vaseline, it helps the skin soak it up if you do it immediatly after bath. Our Dr always said with in 10 min

Answer by scrapbug at 4:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Logan's had it since he was born and Dove soap helps. After I started using that I didn't have to put anymore cream on him.

Answer by Fairielz at 4:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• a humidifier in their bedroom, 100% cotton clothing, a filter for bath water, probiotics orally and topically, I like olive oil topically some have said coconut but I have not seen any results with it myself. I just started my dd on dr. bronners soap so we will see but we do not use regular soap or anything with dairy products in it. of course water and diet too

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I just emailed a woman with the same issues. Please buy a probiotic either from me or go to a health food store and also take dairy out of your childs diet & limit sugar intake. The probiotic is what you need. You have to get healthy on the inside first!! The excema will go away!!

Answer by teamhalsey at 11:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, I know the absolute best lotion for eczema. Please PM me for information on how to get it.

Answer by MentorByDesign at 5:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2008