do i trust him

ok i need advice, i am seeing a truck driver and all my friends keep telling me bad stories about truck drivers, he comes home once or twice a month, and swears some truck drivers are bad. do i trust him or just go out separate ways? i do love him and i think he loves me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Well you might want to find out if he does love you first. Just ask! That might help you make your decision. As for his friends telling you whore stories, I think you should take it with a grain of salt. I am married to a soldier, and the divorce rate is like at 85% in the military, and infidelity runs rampant, but you really cannot help who you love, and I feel as long as you two love each other, that anything is possible and worth working through or for. I really hope that it works out for you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• horror sorry, lol or maybe "whore" lmao
    2-1CavWife

• There are horror stories about truck drivers, cops, sodiers, traveling salesmen, etc etc. Just because your friends cousins sisters neighbors daughter dated a truck driver and he cheated on her doesn't mean that your man will do the same. Give him the benefit of the doubt. If there is no trust, there is no relationship. If you are going to constantly worry about what he's doing while he's gone, you may want to rethink this relationship. If you have concerns, express them to him. I know a couple of women who are married to truck drivers and they've not had any problems.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 9:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• There are probably truck drivers who play around and some who are honest and upright citizens. It won't hurt that you know the possibility that his character might be questionable, but get to know him. Don't be swayed by physical attraction or sweet talking. Anybody can put on an act while dating. See how he behaves toward you and toward others. See what kind of people he hangs around with. Talk with him about issues that concern you- religious, children, family, books or whatever your interests are and that would be important in a relationship. Take it very slowly. Decide if you like him before you wonder if you love him. I hope he is the man of your dreams. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• there are good ppl in the world and there are bad ppl in the world. Not all truck drivers are bad ppl. If you like him just enjoy what he offers you. See where it goes. I have friends who are truck drivers and I'd trust them with my life. Don't judge one man by stories strangers tell about other men.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009