how do i teach my two cats to get along with my puppy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Lock them in a room together and let them fight it out.
    Just kidding. You could start by only giving attention to the cats when the puppy is around. Things like this do take time, I have three adult cats and a puppy that is three months now. The first couple of weeks I thought the cats were going to kill her. But they get used to each other and now they play with the puppy. Good luck. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• They'll get used to it.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 9:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you have cats already, you know you can't teach cats anything -and I am a cat lover! they just have to get used to them - try to make it as limited as possible by seperating them by rooms and slowly introdcuing them but most of the time thats not really practical - my deaf cat was so upset by the dog we had that she started licking the hair off of her -now that my son came she's basically bald on one half of her body -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My new pup loves to chase the cat. Our cat has grown up with the other two dogs. The cat has been coming up to me and sometimes the pup doesn't go after her. I allow the cat to have a safe room where she can still lie on her favorite couch and I gate the area so the new pup doesn't disturb her. They will eventually get used to each other. Patience.
    Anonymous

• Make sure the cats have areas where the puppy can't get at them. Also, make sure your cat's food and litter is out of the puppy's reach. Dogs love cat food and will eat the poop which can cause problems if you use clumping litter.
    Gabrielle00

Answer by Gabrielle00 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Leave them alone and let them get use to each other on there own. They will adventually become a pack. I wouldnt worry to much.
    1carlasue

Answer by 1carlasue at 3:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2009