I have a little dilemma!!

My 30th is on Friday. We just found out this past friday we are preggo. I have taken 4 just to make sure, lol. We have plans with all our friends for my birthday and this is the problem.

I know this sounds silly but I don't want to tell anyone yet but they are going to get suspicious when i am not drinking wine at dinner! I am only 4 or 5 weeks, and this is our first! How can we prevent telling them or do we just have to tell them? I am bursting at the seams to tell everyone already! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you want to tell, tell.

Otherwise, get a fizzy water and stick a lime in it - no one will know the diff.

Congrats!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You could always sip on your glass and either not drink it all, or only have one glass. That won't hurt the baby. I have with this pregnancy (and with my last) had a couple sips of wine here and there at dinner and before bed. If you really don't want to tell, a few sips to a small glass won't hurt anything. CONGRATS!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If anyone asks, say you started a medication that has adverse effects with alcohol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You could always say you are on a special diet/detox diet and alcohol is a no-no.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 10:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The medication idea is a good one. Or just tell them your not feeling all that great. OR YOU GAVE UP ALCOHOL FOR LENT :) thats a good one if i do say so myself :) haha
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Don't have any alcohol for sure. Don't make a big deal about it, just say no thanks. If someone asks then say you are watching your carbs and have decided to avoid the carbs in alcohol as a start. This would not be a lie. If someone asks about the carbs thing, say that you are just trying it out. This way you can avoid needing to come up with symptoms and medication names. Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i was preggo on my 21st and i had half a glass of wine (my dr said it was ok) and people were looking at me funny at dinner all dolled up in 21st birthday stuff sending me drinks and i just kept saying no thanks i dont wanna get wasted yet lol. krazyash thats an awesome idea giving up alcohol for lent that would def work if you normally drink often. and then you can tell them you have awesome self control and they would prob be proud of you lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• if your going to a resturant, say your going to the bathroom or something ( alone) and tell the waiters and cooks and everyone " i'm pregnant, but i don't want my family to know, can you serve me alcahol free drinks, that LOOK like alcahol drinks, "
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009