Does anyone know exactly how many times the 2nd coming of Jesus is mentioned in the Bible?

We studied this extensively at my church,and it's fascinating. Has anyone else studied it,and knows how many times?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well are you talking new or old testament?? CAuse it is mentioned in Isaiah and Song of Solomon, Jeremiah, Psalms. Jesus talks about it in Mark and Luke, Acts, and ndearly the entier New testament is filled with the signs of the 2nd coming. Exact number not really sure.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 10:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Hum ... I don't know but that is a interesting thing to study. I hope you find your answer and if you do, please share it with me!

julianjordan

Answer by julianjordan at 11:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• 1,845 times throughout,from beginning to end. I had it written down, already. As I said, we studied it,and it's very interesting.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am studying it now and yes I am learning about that. It blews my mind ! It is a neccessary thing to study. Otherwise you will not be prepared for what is to come. I want to be prepared ! Btw His 2nd Coming is different than the Rapture. ( I know I'll ruffle some feathers but it's been proven by the Word)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• oops blows my mind not blews silly typo!
    Shaneagle777

• how many times does media say santa is coming? Now THAT is mindblowing. However, society tends to listen to the Santa alerts. Maybe bc Santa has a GPA. Ok I'm joking but the point is it doesn't matter how many times it gets said. We only need to hear it once and heed the message. (about jesus not about santa)

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• How many time statements are in the Bible? Quite a few, but I don't have a number. How many 2000 year old people are running around? (Regarding Mark 9:1) Zero!

Hmmm, something is wrong with this teaching...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with you Shaneagle.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The Tanakh (AKA OT) does not mention Jesus at all...duh...he was not born yet. I can't tell you abuot the "new testament" but to my mind, they had to write about a second coming because the first coming didn't work out well.
    teacher-mom

Answer by teacher-mom at 6:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thats great sister I didnt know that thanks for the info
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009