Baby shower ideas

My room mate is having a little girl in June and I want to throw her a shower I need ideas ladies for games and what not and does anyone know a cool site to make invitations??

Risque

Asked by Risque at 9:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Entertainment

• We had people form two lines and race across the room to a table where each person had to put an article of clothing on a naked baby doll. The first team to completely dress the baby and run it over to the mother won.

I think we had them put on a diaper, onesie, pants, shirt, socks, a hat and then they had to swaddle the baby in a blanket...so we had 7 people on each team, but you could adjust that for the number of guests playing
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I went to a shower where we had to feed another person baby food on a spoon and blind folded both people. This was quite messy and fun. We all wore trash bags as bibs.

You can also put a bunch of baby items on a tray and pass them around the room. When the tray leaves everyone must write down what was on the tray.

Another game that I have seen played is to put a beverage into a bottle and use a stage one nipple and the first person to finish the bottle wins.

You can also go online and google baby shower games. There are many to choose from.

Good luck and have fun!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• 1. give each mom  safety pin (decorate it with a pink/blue ribbon.  Each time a guest hears someone say "baby" they take the safety pin away from the person.  At the end of the shower who has the most safety pins wins a prize

2. Wrap toilet paper around the expectant moms belly.  Have each guest tare toilet paper on how big they think the mom to Be's tummy is.  Measure each guests toilet paper with the moms closes match wins.  You can also use yarn instead of toilet paper
    4. count fill m&m's in a baby bottle.  Pass the bottle around have each guest write their guess down.  the gues

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• at mine we played the tray game too, but after everyone looked through the tray i left the room and after everyone wrote down what they remembered on the tray my mom did questions, like what was i wearing, did i have on any jewelry, what color is my hair and eyes do i wear glasses etc.
    we also did one that's called "what did daddy feed the baby?" you get 4 or 5 diapers and melt different candy bars in the microwave and put them in the diapers then have everyone guess what kind of candy bar it is.
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I went to one yesterday where they gave us a paper plate and a crayon. We had to hold the plate on top of our head, and when they said GO they gave us a minute to try to draw a baby on the plate (with it on top of our head). They then collected the "artwork" and picked the three that looked most like a baby for the prizes.

Another game is to get those tiny naked babies, fill a dixie cup with water, partially freeze the water, then add the baby and continue to freeze until firm. As each guest arrives, they are given a cup. They are not allowed to tear the cup or to chip away at the ice. The first person to "break their water" and free the baby won.

A twist on the tray game ~ Put several items (10 or 12) into a large paper grocery bag with handles. Allow each person to put their hands in the bag and try to write down what each item is without LOOKING, only touching. The one to guess the most correct answer wins.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Another prize winning game to set a timer for one minute when the mother-to-be starts opening presents. Whatever person brought the gift that the mom is opening at the time the timer goes off gets a prize. You can set the timer many times for however many gifts you have left to give.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009