Monistat

So I'm not sure if I have a yeast infection or if my body doesn't like the new condoms. I called my nurse and she recommended using Monistat 7 day and staying away from the new condoms. I went ahead and used the Monistat last night. Weird feeling let me tell you. I do have a pad on, but how long will that stuff stay in there? Will it just drain out or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• it will justdrain out. do it every day though for 7 days. its disgusting. if its a yeast infection you could have gotten a pill instead from the doctor. its only one pill and its gone within 24 hours. its great :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Really? I wish my nurse told me that instead of paying almost $20 for the 7-day. This was my first time ever getting a YI, so I'm clueless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yeah its a prescribtion though so if you didn't see the dr that could be why. I only had one other one and that was when I was pregnant so if your pregnant you might not be able to take the pill. But its really really nice.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'm surprised she didn't want you to come in and get it looked at. Many times yeast infections aren't yeast infections at all and we mis-self-diagnose ourselves.

I thought I was having yeast infections for months before I realized that what I was experiencing wasn't yeast infections at all. Starting this past May when I started dating a guy after my divorce I started having increased discharge, burning when I peed and itching. I thought it was a yeast infection and bought Monistat. It cleared up within 3 days. Then the next month it came again, a few days before my period was due. And this continued every month (except August) until October when I had a few red bumps with it. Turns out what I thought was yeast infections was in reality genital herpes. Now that I'm treating the proper thing I haven't had an outbreak again.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• She really should of had you come in to get looked at since its your first one. Not a very good nurse in my opinion.
    navywifehl

Answer by navywifehl at 1:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Well she mentioned that if it didn't go away in a week to come in. So far, the Monistat is working but it's only the first day. So I'll have to wait and see.
    Anonymous