How Many bottles should i buy?????

Im wondering how many 4oz bottles i should get and also 8 oz, im also going to try to breast feed but i prefer to bottle feed my baby with my breast milk, since im home with twin toddlers, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you...

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would suggest 12 and 12 buy 3 or 4 packs of each size
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• 4 oz bottles - 3-4 .. they don't seem to use these for very long.
    8 oz bottles - i have around 8 - mine takes about 4 bottles total for the day. And at night I put those in the dishes to be washed.. Then have the next 4 ready for tomorrow.

4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Wow that seems alot, i wasnt sure, i just noticed how expensive bottles are, and the bottles i want to use im having a realy hard time finding. Avent Tempo, i have 4 large bottles and only 2 small ones, so i guess ill have to buy more.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I had 3 6 oz and 9 9 oz. It never seemed to be enough. I hated washing bottles.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't buy the small bottles at all...its not like you can't put 4 ounces in an 8 ounce bottle. I pump and feed too and I've been able to give my kids exclusively breast milk for months. My first I gave exclusively breast milk until she was 6 months old and I started to dry up from being at work and not being able to pump as often. This time I'm at home and can pump whenever I want so I hope to go 12 months. Best of luck! There are a lot of people that say it can't be done, but you can do it!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i think i had 2 or 3 of each, but that was plenty for me. i always washed mine out right after or soon after, i didn't like the milk to stay in the bottle for too long and start growing things. it was just easier to wash one bottle at that time than a bunch of bottles and have to soak them and all that. For some odd reason when things soak they never seem to get washed, only pushed out of the way lol.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 10:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I also never bought 4 oz bottles, I used the 8 oz ones worked just fine. I had 6 total.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I just bought a few Playtex Drop-Ins and only need 2 or 3 bottles..Just replace the nipples every so often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i bought a six pack of each BUT then i realized that if you just buy bigger bottles they work fine. 2 oz is 2 oz whether its in a bottle that can hold 6 oz or 8 oz.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have 6 4oz bottles.If She drinks it all i just make 2 more oz. I also use glass because they dont get scrached up like plastic ones do...great for the dish washer :) the new munchkin glass bottles are really cute :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009