Playtex drop-ins

Has anyone every used these bottles? If so did you ever mix formula in them or did you have to premix or buy ready to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a friend who uses them. She mixes in them. It isn't any different then using a regular bottle.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:36 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i used them with all 3 of my kids! i loved them and for me i just put warm water in the liner then poured the formula in and capped it and shook it up! most of the time if you buy them in like the huge pack or whatever they show on the box exactly how to mix the formula in them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I love them and they help with gas a lot because the baby isn't sucking air like they would ina regular bottle.
    You can mix formula in them just like with a regular bottle and shake it up.
    All you do is pour some warm water for example 4 ounces, add 2 scoops of formula, put the lid on and push the bag up to let out air THEN shake it up. It's hard to push the air out if you shake and mix the formula first because it shoots out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Thank you so much, was wanting to use these but wasn't sure about powdered formula with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh yeah, they're great. It's helped out on gas for my son. We don't shake them though, we mix it really good with a spoon to prevent the bubbles. It's so much easier washing the bottles too! And you can get cheaper drop ins and the work the same. The thing I like abou Playtex is that they expand to 8-10 oz.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use them and love them. When I was nursing, I really liked the natural latch nipple...it is closer to the breast and a little harder to suck than other brands so I didn't have any trouble going back and forth from bottle to breast (I did have issues with Ventaire). The drop ins are great too because you can just take one bottle with you in your diaper bag and bring extra drop ins and nipples and just switch them out if you need to give more than one bottle while you're out. It saves space!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i use the playtex ventaire advanced and my dd does well I wanted drop ins but SO liked these better for some reason. I used them when i used to babysit and i really liked them he used to always laugh when i burped the bottle and that little bit of formula shot out lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:22 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I loved them!!!

I always mixed big batches and poured it into the bottles for the next day and stored it in the fridge. Then I just had to take a bottle out and warm it up (sit in two cups of boiling hot water for a couple minutes and it's good to go...put it in the water, change a diaper and presto!). And it help cut down on air bubbles, too!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:51 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use only them but I buy the cheaper brand of dropins from target. The only problem is it's hard to mix 8oz of formula in them because it won't all fit. I think you have to premix 8oz first and then pour it in.
    nykat

Answer by nykat at 12:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use them and LOVE them but if you are going to make 8 oz ou either have to buy the expandable drop ins or premix the formula... I just buy the expandable ones even though they are twice the price I like to make my sons bottles on demand that way I'm not wasting any formula.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:50 PM on Mar. 1, 2009