what can i do

to bring the romance back into my relationship?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 10:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Look at him with thoughts of why you fell in love in the first place. If you would see him walking down the street, remember the attraction that you felt for him. From the other direction, make an effort to be his "lover"- I mean, don't take him for granted. Smile and hug him when he gets home, treat him like king of the castle. Date nights are great for keeping the focus on the two of you. Have a date night every week. Something else that is great for keeping the romance is to get away for a weekend every month or so. It doesn' t have to be far, but go to a bed and breakfast, stroll around the town doing some light shopping or seeing the sights. Walk hand in hand, have dinner, talk, talk, talk, and listen, listen, listen. Find out what are his concerns now and what he enjoys and is hoping and planning for. Court him. Many hugs to you. I am smiling just writing this and thinking of my husband.

Answer by Bmat at 10:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thanks bmat! we've just been going through the motions lately and i really dont want to fall out of love or have him fall out of love!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You could try to have a romantic weekend just for the two of you. Like find somewhere thats not to far away and make reservations at a bed and breakfast place and use that whole weekend to connect to one another again. GL
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 11:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'd ask him, not us. He's the one that matters. See what he feels has been missing from the time you were dating to now.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The Love Dare. Take the challenge, my DH and I are continuing through our second round, and it's done amazing!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009