formula

What formula do you use and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Enfamil Lipil because that is what they gave my son at the hospital. We did switch to Enfamil Gentlease for 3 months as he was constipated so often, but we switched back to the regular since we started with solids and he's doing great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Similac because it's on WIC and I'm not paying over $100 a month for 9 cans, and that's about how much it costs for the crap..It works well though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If I had to choose though it would be Enfamil or Similac.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use Costco's generic brand - Kirkland. It is $22.00 for 2 cans which is less than half the price of Similac/Enfamil. Plus, the ingredient list is almost identical to Similac and the nutrient comparison is a combo of Similac and Enfamil (i.e. if similac has 2g and enfamil has 4g, then kirkland tends to have 3g). Finally, it mixes so much better than Similac. I don't tend to get the chunks. Oh, and my daughter likes it better.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I guess I should mention that I breast fed for 6 mo. then gave Similac for 2 and then switched to generic. I felt more comfortable going with generic because my daughter is older and is already on so many solid foods. For a newborn, I might go with a name brand...although most people will tell you generics are just as good.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Similac because it's on WIC and I'm not paying over $100 a month for 9 cans, and that's about how much it costs for the crap..It works well though. ...i'm not paying over 100 a month.. and thats about how much it costs for that "crap" Are you serious.. Did you not take into consideration the costs of a baby before you had one. And I didn't know something that fed and nurished your child was "crap"banging head into wall

We use generic regular formula. He goes to milk though in two weeks and am so excited. My child has had every kind of formula possible because of a stomach issue. INCLUDING Nutramigin which is 25 dollars for a can that lasts 3 days so we were spending 250+ a month on formula alone for 3-4 months!

krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If I ever had to use formula. I would shell out the extra money for Earth's Best brand. I trust their products. Infant formula manufacturers care more about money.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Thank you for taking care of that so I didn't have to krazyash...lol. People don't think about the expense of children while they're making them.

I breastfeed, and hope to continue this the entire first year and then switch to regular milk. With my first daughter I only made it to 6 months and then had to start supplementing with formula and I used the generic Parent's Choice. It is less than half the price of name brand and has ingredients identical to Enfamil.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• your welcome kabbot ugh that really bugged me. i had too.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Good Start ecause of WIC. She was on similac at first then WIC changed it to good start i actually noticed she spits up less on it, but if i could choose myself i would put her on enfamil but WIC wont give it to me without a dr note and the dr said she is gaining weight so let her go.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2009