Steam Baths: Clothed or Not?

My baby is so congested and I have been doing Steam Baths two times a day, but was wondering if it was better to have her dressed or not? Or does it not matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it matters for helping with congestion. My daughter gets a bath at night before bed, so I used to just steam up the bathroom before I put her in the tub. That way she had toys to play with and would tolerate being in the bath longer and the warm water has a calming/sleep inducing effect on her. If you don't already have some, you might want to get some Johnson's Vapor Bath...its aromas help clear congestion and you just put it in the tub water.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Doesn't matter.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If the little one is in the tub in water, then unclothed. If she is just sitting or lying the room, then clothed. I hope she feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 11:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• when my lil one is sick i always have her only in her diaper incase she spikes a fever the ped. said to do that so i always did the steam baths in only her diaper good luck hope she feels better
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 1, 2009