mt baby does not cry for falling sleep

hello, my 6 months old baby does not cry when he wants to fall sleep during the night...first around 8 pm he start crying, i am rocking him and fall sleep, around 5 am he start crying for food, he eats and i put in his crib but he did not cry, he falls sleep..is that normal? or something wrong? i ear that babies has to cry for falling sleep at least 5 minutes and he does not..is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is not abnormal and it is REALLY GREAT! That is what you want!!! Babies who can soothe themselves to sleep without crying are on the right track! My daughter does sometimes and other times she fusses for a few minutes. Getting babies out of the habit of falling asleep on the breast, bottle or while rocking is an excellent thing to do. It will really help them soothe themselves back to sleep in the middle of the night should they wake up for whatever reason. (and as they get older...they'll wake more frequently in the night. )
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yeah! youre lucky sometimes my dd will just lay there and stare till she falls asleep other nights she fusses or cries for a few min.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I thnk it's fine. My baby didn't cry herself to sleep either. I think of my meself blessed she sleeps so well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh honey, stop worrying so much. Of course it's normal. Not all babies scream and fuss at bedtime or during th enight. Count your blessings.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No, it's fine. Not all babies cry and fuss before falling asleep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2009