Not Our Government! Shocking! Gas Tax Thoughts

Ok so it's not so shocking.
What do you think about this?

A tax increase on this order would be politically treacherous for Democratic leaders in Congress — a gas tax hike was one of the reasons they lost control of the House and Senate in the 1994 elections. I’m not sure if hiking them back up is what the American people had envisioned with “change we can believe in.” So how does Congress get around this? The same way they do everything else.

Lie…..

“Instead of calling it a gas tax, call it a carbon tax,” Whittington said. “As long as we label it as something else we may have the momentum and acceptance to move forward.”
I must say, Mr. Whittington does have one heck of a brass set on him. We know Congress lies to us all the time, but this guy actually comes out in public and admits that Congress should lie to our faces in

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Another tax hike on gas.....This is not surprising to me at all. I think we are in far more serious troubles then the government in all their suits and fancy forums realizes. They seem to not really see the signs from Wall Street, the news folks and here the words of the people. It is almost like they are in their own little world with no contact with the public or news organizations. Everytime Obama speaks, the economy goes a bit deeper. The debt grows bigger. So many point out that he inherited a trillion dollar debt from Bush. Not many are willing to speak about the 2 trillion he added to it.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Why not? The president did it all through his speech the other night! New kind of politics my rear end! I liked the man when he first came out but the more he speaks the more the BS flows and it looks like his administration and "colleagues" in the house and on the hill are going to take ques from him!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It reminds me of one of those Obamaisms that got pushed under a rug about mid-way through the campaign. When gas prices first started to shoot up above $3 and they interviewed all the candidates (I believe this was pre-convention), Obama didn't complain about the high prices, only that they had shot up so quickly. His preference is to gradually creep them up so people can adjust to the expense (HA!) but ultimately consume less fuel.

Now, nevermind the flaw that no matter how much gas costs, many people still have to drive and carpooling isn't an option - and the poorer they are, the more likely they are to have to drive to 2 or 3 different jobs, meaning using even more gas than the typical 9-5er. Even worse for people who do home health care, or housecleaning, or even paper routes. It would appear his intent is still to creep gas back up to $4/gal so we'll "use less."
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh, there goes that liberal double standard again. I hate politicians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I talked about this yesterday. All the libtards have to do when getting gas is present their ACORN or Liberal I.D. card and they will get a free pass on the gas tax. Because afterall, Obama didn't lie to them, only to the conservatives who watch him like a hawk.
    With Obama, everyone will be paying more for everything whether you want to call it a tax or not. Admit it, get used to it, and just be glad as a Republican who didn't vote for him you were one of the smarter ones who at least did not ASK FOR IT.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Libtards...lol...I like that. Not politically correct, though, so watch out...there will be a pack of libtards jumping you about that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• kabbot01-where have you been? I have feet print on top of my head from the libtards pouncing on me daily since October. No biggie.Pioneers have to take the arrows!! My new favorite saying.

Join the Resistance, The kidz are keepin' score.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• No there won't kab. They have deserted the field. They have decidied the best way to deal with us "ignorant" NObama people is to just ignore us! Way to prove us wrong! I guess searching out "the (questionable)truth" ,as they see it, is too difficult. Mainly b/c it isn't there, so they can't be bothered to do it and respond!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Things have grown progressively worse since the last gas hikes, and looking back they were necessary.
    When gas went way up, people began to consume less. Whether we like it or not we need to continue that trend.
    What ever way works, and yes it affects all of us horribly but its really the only proven way to get us off of oil.
    Obama has always kinda said it was for this, he's always gone on and on about the need to move to greener energy etc. and no I'm not an obama fanatic, or even a true pre-election supporter.
    Depending on what they use the gas hike for, I'm not against it.
    Anonymous

• Lol...I knew it wouldn't be the first time Akin. Maybe just something new to hear bitching about.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009