Question

If you found the best Childcare Provider who offered everrything from educatiopnal needs to a background on herself and only charged $85 for fulltime care would you jump on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cost was about the last of my concerns, as long as I was able to afford it, while looking for providers. I always got an instant "yes" or "no" instinct almost as soon as I'd come in the door. Is the house clean? Does she look like she's lived a clean life? Seem genuine? How do her and her own kids (if any) interact? Is the TV on the whole time you're there? If her husbands home, what kind of vibe do you get from him? If you get any funny feelings or concerns, I'd say don't do it. If you think the charge is low because she just loves children and wants to help out, then jump on it! There are so many things to take in when you interview with a provider, and lots of subtle clues to who they truly are. Look for those. IMO, the most important thing to find in her is love for children, patience, kindness, and honesty!!!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 2:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Uhm yes.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• $85 a week? Ummm yes! Around here they want $200 to $600 a week. I seriously can't even afford to get a job with that!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• 85 a wk is very cheap. If everything is clear w/ the provider and you are comfortable and feel safe w/ them, then absolutely jump on it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'd wonder why her rates were so much below the norm.

Answer by Bmat at 11:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• you get what you pay for, usually.

I would go with my instincts--if you get a safe feeling from her, and your LO is comfortable, go for it! If LO can't stand the lady and you just don't feel right, find someone else.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• YEP.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The povider is great. She has the experience, references and is licensed by the state. She just prefer to have a lower rate than all the rest because of past experiences with providers who charge top dollar and they do all there advertisment said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would wonder why it was so cheap, but if I knew her well and trusted her than I'd jump on it. I'm currently looking for childcare myself and the cheapest I've found is $185/wk.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Excuse the mistake but the providers didnt do there jobs and she wants to prove herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009