Do you know a sex offender?

My SO is a sex offender on a BS charge.

I feel so alone sometimes, because I cannot tell my family why it is so hard for him to get a job. We struggle so badly in life, and his record holds our family back. He will be off of probation within a year and I'm hoping that things will turn around for us then.

Has knowing a sex offender also thrown your family's life into chaos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know one and because of it he just said foreget the job life and turned to drugs. Sorry to hear your story but I wish you guys the best. Tell your SO not to give up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My oldest brother is an unidentified sex pervert. He should be on the list, but the system is screwed up, so he isn't. He didn't do anything to me, but still. It did throw our family into chaos for a while, but this is like 15 years ago. Even still now, he knows he better stay the f*k away from me and mine and if there's a family event that I will be at, he sure as hell better not show up.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My grandfather, whose dead now, was an unregistered sex offender. He should have been shot, but no one believed my mother as a child, or cared to press charges when he did it to my sis and i.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:54 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I found out after he died that my dad molested my half sister (not his blood daughter) I still have not been able to completley deal with it I feel awful about it all the time. I feel terrible for my sister but also pretty pissed off that no one in my family reported it.....very long story as to why that i won't go into but, it is a very hard thing to deal with...I only wish that i had known b4 that SOB died.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yes and he never aloud to step in my house or near my family ever and yes he makes me sick if i had my way his you know what would be off for good im not sure if can say it on here
    Anonymous

• Yes I know one. But because the family has chosen to continue to hide it, the abuse continues.
    Why are you keeping a secret? This should not be your burden.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• what was he charge with  is he a sex offender
    Anonymous

• I found out that my highschool boyfriend (first guy I had sex with) is in prison for 30 yrs for statutory sodomy! I was really kind of freaked out when I found that out. I had no idea he was like that. Of course maybe it was a clue that I was 2 yrs younger then him & the reason we broke up was because he got a girl that was 2 yrs younger then ME pregnant! So I guess as the yrs went on he kept moving on down the line in age. yikes! (he didnt get caught for this till he was about 28 yrs old)
    Anonymous

• then yes he is a sex offender
    Anonymous

• Wow I'm really shocked at the responses, it's a crazy world we live in and I'm so sorry all of you have been affected by them... I know it's a broad spectrum, from a guy/girl over 18 with someone a couple yrs younger, to the sickest of people messing with children, I think the system needs to be changed in so many ways. I sometimes would like to keep my boys at home, never let them around anyone I don't know, teachers, friends parents etc... It's so hard to trust, and I know it's not possible to shelter them from everything but I will do my best to protect them..
    Anonymous