Prego and I want Soda

Can I drink a ginger ale or at least a little bit? My stomach is on the move and I usually would drink one of those to help calm it. Can I. I'm 7wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had diet coke when i was pregnant the doctor told me three a day ya right i had five
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, it won't hurt you to have some in moderation... Ask your Dr. but I'm sure you will be fine. I just stayed away from caffiene (sp?)
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:59 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You can drink Ginger Ale, it has no caffeine. Neither does IBC or Mug rootbeer or Sprite. Most orange sodas as caffeine free too.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes you can! Docs say you shouldn't drink caffiene, but I don't think ginger ale has any and I know 7up doesn't.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• heck yeah ginger ale is fine i was allowed to drink it while in labor plus my doc said 2 cups of coffee a day are fine, i only had one a day but im sure POP (lol) has a lot less caffeine than coffee. and dont they say drink ginger ale before getting out of bed to calm morning sickness? i didnt have any i just swear i heard that
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Doctors often recommend Ginger or B vitamins for nausea. I don't recommend any caffeine during pregnancy, especially the first trimester. There is limitted research on the effects of artificial sweeteners on a fetus. No research to tell me if it is OK or not is good enough for me to stay away from diet sodas. Drink soda in moderation, caffeine free or not. Soda is packed with sugar (see my journals for my soda journal). Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes you can have pepsi coke anything, i only drank one a day :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You can have anything you want. I'd just limit your intake with the soda. When I was preggo with my boys I had Sprite, I gotta have my soda.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I drink soda. My doctor never told me not to. And I cant find anything about not having it in any of my pregnancy books. I drink Diet Rite though. Its has nothing in it. Mostly like water!
    Anonymous

• Ginger ale should be fine. Something that I like to do is to put half water and half soda in a glass. It stretches the soda and still give me some taste in the water. Of course you are thinking of using the ginger ale to help settle your stomach, so you wouldn't water it down for that.

Answer by Bmat at 12:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009