PLEASE HELP How do I get rid of nats or gnats in my home??

Ive tried the soap and water and the viniger and the cider viniger...Its driving me nuts I cant get rid of them and Ive tried everything that I could find to try. Please if you have any ideas let me know Thanks!

HappyWifeNmom

Asked by HappyWifeNmom at 11:57 AM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Usually we can get rid of them with the vinegar even though it takes 2-3 days. If that doesn't work you might just have to get your house fumigated.
    Anonymous

• I want to know, too. Fruit flies are what I am seeing. I've put the bananas in a plastic bag. All I can figure is that they are on some of my inside plants. I sprayed around one yesterday when I noticed there seemed to be several fruit flies around the potting soil of the plant. I have an organic spray that is for inside plants, but I've had it for a while. I think there are fewer fruit flies now, but my husband says he thinks there are more. I need some way to get rid of these. It isn't even warm weather yet, which is when I would expect to see fruit flies.

Answer by Bmat at 12:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• They are in your house plants. The only sure fire way to completely get rid of them is to get rid of the plants. They live and grow in the soil. And the wetter you keep the soil, the more you'll get. I had a huge problem with these in my office. Got rid of the plant and only water my new plants every couple of months.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I get LOTS of gnats (fruit flies) in the summer. What has always worked for me is keeping the kitchen as clean as possible (including putting garbage cans outside or in hallways, compost covered, fruits and veggies in the fridge, etc). I also hang a non-toxic sticky fly strip from the ceiling above where the gnats are congregating (make sure noone's head can touch it!). I also keep a bowl or cup of apple cider vinegar on the table with a bit of dish soap that catches lots of gnats and flies. HTH!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• get some sweet wine, put it in a cup and set it on your counter, out of reach, its always worked for me.
    Anonymous

• Yuck fruit flies. The only time I have ever noticed fruit flies is when I had fruit and vegetables sitting out. Do this and this should help (if you do have produce sitting out)

Fill your sink with cold water and add 1/4 cup of vinegar and 2 Tablespoons of salt. Soak all your fruits and vegetables for 25-40 minutes (if you leave them in for up to an hour, they will still be fine)

This will clean your fruits and veggies really well and in turn, make them last much longer. I have tomatoes in my kitchen from February 13th that are just now starting to go bad.

Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• The way I get rid of them it letting them drown in a alcohol bath. I put a bit of sweet wine in the bottom of a bottle. They fly down to the bottom and can't get back out. It takes a couple of days, but gets rid of them.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Ive tried all that...nothing works, I dont know what to do, there driving me nuts! Ive cleaned everything, put 5 bowls down all with soap and water or cider viniger, or juice, nothing freakin works! Theres got to be a secret to it lol
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 1:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000317.tip.html
    Above is a link that may help!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 5:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009