Im having a baby by myself

I have never felt so alone in my life. The babys father wants nothing to do with it, and left me for another girl. Sometimes Im fine! Other times I am not okay. I break down sometimes. I dont know what to do anymore, because I can go to bed feeling great and wake up with emotional pain because of everything. I just need some advice because I thought I was stronger than this, and I do think I can do it on my own I just dont know how anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are groups here at CM for moms who are single and pregnant. I suggest you look up some of those.
    And my mom had 4 without any support from either of the 2 men. ...Keep your head up lady! you are strong.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• im sorry to hear that but you shouldnt beat yourself up for his mistake just be proud!! if you need someone to talk to im here no judging good luck mama!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I admire you for what you are doing! I think alot of what you are going through is your hormones are going crazy.. You just keep telling yourself that you will have a bundle of joy when all is said and done. Its not going to be easy. There will be hard times. But YOU WILL make it!! I do wish YOU & YOUR baby all the best of luck in the world.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 12:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My unborn child father had passed away and im 18 weeks pregnant. I know how u feel. I try to stay around people who are postive and who love me b/c when im alone I break down. I've recently become saved and ask god to help me through this. When I pray and go to church I feel at peace. Just keep a good attitude and think positive you will feel so much better. Stay busy or around people to keep your mind occupied.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 12:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am sorry to hear your feeling this way. I hope the best for you and your baby. Do you have family that your close too? You can message me anytime if you wanna chat. Good luck.
    alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 1:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I'm so sorry. I can't believe some men in this world and how they can just walk out on their children. But you should know that you are 1 of MANY women who have babies on their own. They have all made it, and so can you! And hey if this guy is shitty enough to walk away from you and his OWN blood then is he really worth having around anyways? No way. There are other guys out there that will love you and love your baby like it was their own. You just need to find one of them and it is possible trust me. My friend Liza had a baby when she was 18 and still in high school. The father turned out to be a pyscho, broke into her house numerous times, and threatened to kill her and her family and take the baby. Needless to say he's in jail right now (because of that) and she has made it through better than people with no children have! Not to mention tons of guys like her. YOU CAN DO IT! WHO NEEDS HIM ANYWAYS!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it gets better for real! i was 16 when i was pregnant with my daughter and her father was just a jerk, always told me he hoped she died and that i was just keeping her to try to get back with him which was not so and then would come back apoligizing saying once the baby was born everything would be better which things dont JUST get better! i wish i wouldve gave up then but i didnt and it caused me alot of emotional pain for until she was about 1. I now have nothing to do with him and im so much happier. Besides when i hold that baby in your arms it wont matter anymore so will be so in love and its the best feeling in the world, Only you can make yourself happy no one else, this is his lose you dont need him your stronger then that =] and your proving that by taking care of that baby with or without him. Good luck =]
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• You are so much stronger than you think.
    Try to surround yourself with people who love and support you. There's always people willing to help, you just need to find them.
    He will be the one left behind, and missing out.
    The new little life you've created will be your strength. Just think of him/her and know you can do it.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• you are strong u decited that u want this baby no matter what. i am pregnet and due any day and my babies dad has not even talked to me in like 3 or 4 mounths i told him i was pregnet and a week later he left me for a nother person who is married and we were to get married in feb. i am now living back at home with my mom and dad and i have the best boyfriend who dose not care that the baby is not his. I just want you to know that if u need neone to talk to i am here for you i know what u r going throw i am only 20 years old and back home with my mom and dad. i am always here and if u live near me we can try to get togeather and i will try to help u with things

~Heidi~
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am a single parent and still am. I know it may get really rough at times. During my pregnancy, I always felt better when I was doing things for the baby. Cooking something nutitious, exercising, shopping, setting up his room, etc... I'm sure you have been single before. Try to remember the things that helped you threw it then. A lot of times, talking and venting will help. This is a great website for that. Good Luck.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 4:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009