What's a good cream for my seven week old who has eczema on his face and neck

nykat

Asked by nykat at 12:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• apple cider vinegar (google it if you want. it has LOTS of benefits) or coconut oil works great too!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:27 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Coconut oil. Try a health food store, or Vitamin store.
    It "seems" costly, but really a little bit goes a LONG way.
    & Your baby will smell soooo nice.
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I use aveeno products 4 my kids and it works great. U may want to try their lotion and baby wash.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• We use Aveeno Soothing Relief. It's for babies with eczema and it works great. We also use the bath soap too. Aquafor works well, but is way too greasy.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Aquaphor...it's a little pricey but it's totally worth it!
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My sons doctors gave him some for his gential area cause he has some done there and its called nystatin cream and its clearing up already
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Nystatin cream is not used to treat eczema, it is used to treat yeast infections.
    On my twins eczema I use Lubriderm lotion after their bath and then apply a small amount of hydrocortizone cream. The Lubriderm keeps the skin from absorbing too much of the hydrocortizone cream and helps keep it soft.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• On the face I use Gerber Breast Therapy Stick on it. :) My sons old ped recommended it. It works wonders. I use it on my face from time to time even when I break out from my exzema. Its the same thing as the Johnson and Johnson face stick. I just havent seen that stuff in stores for a year or two so I use the breast therapy stick instead.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 3:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Aquaphor. On everything, it works wonders. My mother works for a dermatologist and he recommends it all the time.
    angieh26

Answer by angieh26 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2009