Would you let your daughter who is a freshman go to a senior prom?

My daughter and her friend are i guess you can say "popular" in their school they're friends with ALL seniors. Well her and her friend were asked to the senior prom by a mentally challenged 21 year old senior. I'm not sure as to if i should allow her to go being there will be other guys there that are seniors who like her and her friend. Would you allow it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• nope. i wouldn't. thats a special privilege that should be waited for and anticipated until she is old enough to go. Unless she has a somewhat serious boyfriend.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Nope.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• not sure..... I went to prom all four years of high school.....but I guess it depends on your kid...If you can trust her and you know she can take care of herself then i would.
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yes, but I will make sure her dress is appropriate, make up and all that for her age. Would want to meet the guy and she would only be aloud to go there and then back home.
    navywifehl

Answer by navywifehl at 12:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would not let my daughter go. It has nothing to do with who invited her. I don't think it's age appropriate for a Freshman to go to a Senior Prom.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Does she even want to go with him? Would she be doing it out of kindness because he is a friend? Or would she want to go just to go and then ignore him the rest of the time?
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Her and her friend wanted to go because he said it would make his whole senior year and they said they honestly believe it, i feel lke because his dad just died and then he asked them they felt like they wanted to make him feel better
    Anonymous

• No. I think Senior prom is for SENIORS and it has always irked me that underclassmen go..
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would not let my daughter go. It has nothing to do with who invited her. I don't think it's age appropriate for a Freshman to go to a Senior Prom. -- come on!!!! its a dance!!!! there is not really any difference from what happens at a senior prom and what happens at a freshman dance after a football game....was your high school different or are you too old to remember what it was like?
    Anonymous

• If she is friends with this boy I would let her go.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2009