When your baby naps longer than usual do you still put him/her to bed at the same time to keep it consistent? (or at least try to) Or do you adjust bedtime to allow for the same waketime each day?

RomansMom25

Asked by RomansMom25 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always put my son to bed at 9 and he sleeps through the night and he wakes up around 9 in the morning
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I do baby led napping during the day but I stop her last nap at 7 so that she can go to bed at 8 and sleeps until about 7-8 in the morning.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I put my son to bed at the same time. I would wake him up by 5:00 at the latest if he didn't wake up himself before then so that he would go to bed at the normal time. Sometimes they just need more sleep. And our bodies will "make up" for lost sleep. No reason to change bedtime, that would probably just cause more problems and mess up your routine for days.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I've always figured a child takes a longer nap because they need the extra sleep. I've rarely found that my daughter will fight her normal bedtime after a longer nap. Usually it's the opposite - she'll take a longer nap and then be showing the signs and wanting to go to be earlier, not later. I figure she's either growing, mastering some new task, teething, or fighting some slight cold. Why make her stay up and deny her the sleep when she obviously wanted MORE, not less?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I put her to bed at the same time.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• sometimes they need extra sleep. My son sometimes takes extra long naps but it doesn't affect his nighttime sleep at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009