is this normal?

Ok well lately (within the last 6 months) every time I ovulate during the month I have horrible cramping and pain, it is worse then when I am actually on my period. So i was wondering if this problem happens with alot of women or if I am just some freak haha.

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Health

• I think most women go through it. I never used to have crampings until after my son so as you give birth and grow your you might have changes in your biological clock including cramps before menstruation and other things that comes with child bearing. But if you are not too sure you may consult your ob doctor to see what they say.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 1:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I sometimes cramp for about an hour when I ovulate and I have clear discharge for a few hours.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It happens to me too. It seems the older I get the worse the ovulation, and easier the period. Go figure. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It sounds like endometriosis (sp?).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• it also sounds like polycystic ovaries. It also sounds like you could have a single cyst that is causing you grief. It could be a number of things. Call your gyn and have it checked out. They get nervous when that happens for long periods of time. They were going to do surgery to remove mine bc it didn't burst on its own and the gyn feared it could be cancerous. My cyst burst just a couple of days before surgery. I was thrilled! No surgery

Answer by admckenzie at 2:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009