could he be teething

I have a 5 month old son who keeps chewing on his fingers and he crys when there is nothing wrong with him and hes drooling alot more too could these be early signs of teething

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup. We are teething and scream when nothing is wrong except that our gums hurt. I would try some teething tablets. Those are saving my sanity. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Yep. Sounds like it.
    Teething tablets are great. They help take the edge off of his fussiness and help him calm down a little. Be aware that they do not help with pain. Just the upset feelings that being in pain causes.
    Tylenol and motrin will help with the pain. If you want to limit their use, I suggest you at least use them at bedtime to help him sleep better.
    Orajel is pointless for most babies. It wears off after about 5 mintues and you can't reapply for a while. If you give it a try, follow the directions. I will say it's handy for getting splinters out. It numbs the skin long enough for you to remove splinters.
    Get a wide variety of teething toys, you never know what will help today. Get fabric, hard, soft, rubbery, vibrating, cold, etc.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It could be. My son did that too but I never saw any teeth until later lol. Just make sure he is not hungry too. With drooling some children around that age drool since they cant swallow or control their saliva yet. Hope it helps.

sanab

Answer by sanab at 1:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2009