Should I wean my 10 month and if so can I give her regular milk?

My DH has lost his job so I have to return to work. I have not been pumping because I didn't think I had to. I might have to return to work this week and don't know what I am going to do with my LO. I know she won't take formula but I don't have any pumped. Can I start pumping today and how often? Or can I give her regular milk? Help!

kyapooh

Asked by kyapooh at 12:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is suggested you wait til 1 year before giving cows milk. Call your pedi and ask them not here, you will get different opinions.

Anonymous

• Thank you. I would ask my pedi but he told me to just pump and give her a bottle from day one so I don't really think he knows what to do. And I don't want to give her milk but I don't have any saved and she can't starve
    kyapooh

Answer by kyapooh at 1:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Then you can try it and see how she adjusts to it, GL

Anonymous

• Well as far as i know they say not to girve them cow's milk for the first year. and some one told me that if i went back to school instead of giving my daughter formula which is hard for older babies to adjust to, to give her goats milk so i dunno if that will work for you. So good luck!!
    IamKayla

Answer by IamKayla at 1:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you don't want her on formula then you have to start pumping and see what you get. You may start feeding stage one foods from gerber or something that she will not have to chew on if you have not already. Check with your dr too. Good Luck dear!
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 1:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i would suggest trying to pumping first. as long as you have some where at work to pump, you can keep it up. one thing to think about too- many babies will only nurse, the won't even take bottles of breast milk. the dr's say this is perfectly fine, they just eat other things while you are at work and when you get home they nurse more, even if it means they used to sleep through the night and now you wake them to eat.
    good luck.
    Anonymous