When is it "normal" to start dialating?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can start to dialate a week before you even deliver (like 1 maybe 2 cm) maybe more- but as long as your water doesnt break your ok. if your water breaks go to the hospital asap because it can lead to infections... sorry dont mean to scare ya. if your not ready they will have to put more amnio in you to keep the baby healthy.

Answer by alinzasmommy at 1:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Most women dialate 1-3 weeks before their due date but that's at full term obviously. When the baby wants to come out, there's no stopping it. I learned that with my kiddos.

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i dont know if theres a right time to dialate all i know is when the baby is ready to come its coming lol

Answer by Mother_18 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my mom, my sister and i all started dialating a whole month before delivering our respective babies. honestly, it's great to dialate early. . . that's less work you have to do when you actually go into active labor. (we all had pretty short labors too).

Answer by rachelo at 2:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009