Is black Santa offensive?

I am not trying to be rude or racist. I really just want to know. I love to buy Christmas decorations. I love finding things that my neighbors won't have. While shopping online, there it was, my unique, stand out decoration. A big black Santa Clause. So now I want to know, do people of different races decorate with images in their "likeness"? What about Jesus? Is baby Jesus of your race? Would black Santa totally offend? Help

frazzledmrs

Asked by frazzledmrs at 1:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• no it is not,i have santa's angels and Jesus,s of both black and white races for different holidays i think bringing all cultuers into your deco for any time of year is a wonderful thing...sad enough there are to many who may feel different im glad i was not raised to see color..

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i agree with sauna on this.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:13 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Not offensive at all !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:43 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It wouldn't offend me...Those things weren't made just for a certain race to buy. I like unique things. Go for it!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 7:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It is not offensive... I too collect unique things for all holidays...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Santa and Jesus should look like you expect them to look. We decorate with black Santa and Jesus because we are black. Depends on you! If your neighbors are offended that's their problem!

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 11:36 AM on Mar. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't find it offensive at all but I'm sure there are alot of religious fanatics out there that would.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Only the truly ignorant would be offended or threatened. It is like a Jewish person getting bent out of shape over a Christmas Tree..oh yeah a 2,000 year old religion brought to its knees by a fir tree!
    Anonymous

• black santa no not offended but the black jesus seriously you can look at where he was born raised and mary and joseph HE WAS NOT BLACK OR WHITE HE WAS BROWN MOST LIKELY AIRAB(sp???)
    Anonymous

• Well its just kind of silly to me. Like buying a white Obama doll! Obama isn't white! Jesus was Jewish NOT black so why would you have a black Jesus? Doesn't make sense. St. Nicholas was white. Thats why they made him white in all of the stories. He was invented after a real saint who happened to be a white man. So making him black is kind of silly too. I mean do as you please it doesnt offend me just kind of odd. As for black angels I have several in my nativity. Angels can be black so that makes sense!
    Anonymous