HELP, my daughter just wont listen. She's 4 years old and so stubborn. I am having a problem dicipling her, example; I told her to leave the kitty alone and she doesn't. My husband and I are now fighting because of her. I am so frustrated and fed up. She does get it, she's smart, you ask her what she did wrong and she'll tell you, so WHY does she do it any way. Note: we are consistent with dicipline, more my husband than myself so that's not it. please give me some advice!-stessed out mom

1980Lisa

Asked by 1980Lisa at 11:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Kids are constantly testing their boundries. She will get it. I have a 4 year old boy and he still hasn't caught on, but my 5 year old has. Stay cinsistent and give it time :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Check out the book by Dr. James Dobson "Raising the Strong Willed Child". It's currently on my to buy book list since my 2 year old is also very stubborn and strong willed. I would try to take away toys that mean something to her, 1st a day or two then a week and then it gets tossed. I would then donate the toys, but careful that you keep that to yourself since you don't want her to end up begrudging donating to needy since she will tie that to her punishment. Good luck.
    WatchGirl29

Answer by WatchGirl29 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The best advice I have ever seen on disiplince is in the book, Easy to love, difficult ot disiplince. I literally hand it out to people!
    Kagenj07

Answer by Kagenj07 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If she is not responding to the discipline that you are giving, she may be seeking the attention. Try to "catch her being good"...praise for everything that she does positively. Even the small things...especially the small things. Tell her that she is a good girl and that you are proud of her. When she does something that is inappropriate..say "Wow, that's not like my good girl". See if that helps. Unfortunately this may be a phase she is going through to test your boundaries, and patience, and spread her wings to fly a bit. good luck.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING MY HUSBAND AND i END UP FIGHTING OVER MY DAUGHTER SHELL MAKE MESSES ILL TELL HER TO PICK IT UP AND SHE DONT LISTEN AND THEN HELL YELL AT ME FOR THE MESS SHE CREATED LIKE IM THE ONE THAT DID IT....DONT FEEL BAD YOUR NOT ALONE JUS WHEN U FIND AN ANSWER LET ME KNOW!
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Sounds like you have an intelligent child that likes to minipulate like mine does. I have beun asking my daughter why she does the things she does because if she can't give me an answer my retort is so did that make sense to do that knowing that you would get in trouble or sometimes she just does things to get attention negative is better then none some say some children are just hard headed like mine for example and i ahve to ignore her to make a point sometimes and she usually just stops what she is doing because she is not getting the reaction she exepected to get so it is pointless.
    gena28

Answer by gena28 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2008