Did you ever have to cancel your big kid's birthday party because you had a sick little one?

I feel so guilty... my little 7 month old has been very sick for the past 4-5 days. He hasn't been sleeping and has been needing so much extra attention. We had planned a big birthday party for my turning-six-year old today, but decided to cancel because #1 - we didn't want to spread germs, and #2 - my husband and I were so exhauseted taking care of the little one we had no extra time/ energy to prepare for the party. I think we did the right thing, but I wish there was a way we could have gone ahead with the party... I feel so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes I have and my sis in law did just last week. Just pick another date, people will understand and will be happy you did that instead of exposing their kids.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Thank you, it makes me feel better to know we are not the only ones!
    kmommyof2

Answer by kmommyof2 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh no! I bet your big guy was heart broken with no birthday party! sorry mamma, hope your lil one feels better but so long as the big guy doesn't catch it maybe you can move the party to next weekend or something....
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 5:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I hope your little one feels better and that you and your hubby get some rest. I did have to cancel my son's 2nd bday because all three of my boys were sick. Just reschedule if you can. I'm sure that the parents appreciate you not spreading germs and getting their kiddos sick!
    momof3under2

Answer by momof3under2 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009