is this normal

My son is 5 months old and ill put him in his swing so i can clean and he will just sit there and cry and chew on his finger and his totally fine but when i hold him hes quiet but when i put him down he starts crying again does he have hold me fever

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He just wants attention and to be held... All babies go through that.
    Anonymous

• My son is currently sitting in his swing chewing on his fingers and crying because I put him down after holding him for an hour. He's also 5 months old. It sounds normal to me.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 1:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My son was the same way. I eventually realized that if he wasn't hungry,hurt, or dirty then he was just crying to cry and I would leave him be. It gives their little lungs a work out and it's good for them once in awhile,LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• He is spoiled, my son was the same way. Just let him go, like peekalou said if he is'nt hungry, hurt or has a dirty daiper. Then just let him be. If you keep picking hi up so much he will be like, hEY i can get her to pick me up when i scream. i can get mom to do what I want. Cuz when I cry she comes and grabs me up.Trust me if you keep doing it all the time. When they get older kiss doing anything at all goodbye. I use to just sneak in and Check on my son to see if he was ok . If he looked all right then i snuck away. Hey but its all up to you , your the parent!!!!
    SapphireRain88

Answer by SapphireRain88 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I was always told it was never a good idea to hold your child all the time. That they would always expect to be held. So I tried that advise with my kid and it worked out great for me. I'm not saying I never held her, but she knew that just because she was crying didn't mean mommy was going to run over and pick her up.
    josmamma823

Answer by josmamma823 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My 6 month old son is like that & has always been like that! I can barely get anything done b/c he wants my attention & to be held all the time.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009