what do i do now??

ok so my son went pee pee on his potty this morning!! he is 2 by the way. but i dont know what to do now. i know to put him on his potty throughout the day but he isnt on a "pee pee/poo schedule". so i cant put him on it based on a potty schedule. can some of your moms give me some tips on what to do next?? thanks

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try doing it every hour on the hour, you'll have to build and establish that schedule, but you'll also want to teach your son to tell you when he has the urges to go
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:11 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• how do i teach him to tell me that? im sorry for all the questions but im a first time mom and have no family/friends near me that can give me advice. :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• bring him there ever 30 mins to an hour after his first potty untill he hets the hang of it if he drinks something then 30 mins! poo is a little bit more hard some kids take a week or even a month before they go poo but if he starts showing signs of having to go like concitrating really hard then just bring him to the potty my son would hold his butt exp if I put him in undies cuz he didnt knwow hat to do then! good luck the schedual will get easier and beofre long he will be telling u he has to go!
    bkt84

Answer by bkt84 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I also recommend every 30 minutes rather than every hour because I got more messes when I went every hour.

You have to watch him to look for signs that he needs to pee: holding his penis, hiding in a corner, bending over, getting that "uh, oh something's happening" look. He may not know what is going on enough yet to tell you he has to pee.

Hang in there and good luck. Being diaper free is so awesome!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am horrible, I bribed my kids, I said I never would but I did. We had a jar of candy outside of the bathroom and everytime he wanted candy he had to go pee. that made him want to go ALL the time though, but it was better (for us) to go and sit and not go than to not get there in time. Poo was a different story and I will warn you not to pressure to much, a frind of mine's daughter is having major constipation issues right now because of pressuring before she was ready and she just stopped going until she was backed up. Follow his lead.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2009